Developers & API
The info API is available free for non-commercial use by outside developers. The current API is based upon the REST model and allows you to perform the following actions:
- Edit slideshows
- Retrieving slideshow information by user, tag, or group
- Retrieving groups, tags, and s by user
- Search slideshows
In order to embed slideshows on your webpages you can also use our oEmbed API which follows the standard.
Version 2.0 of the API has been released providing the following new features:
- New methods for fetching user data: get_user_groups, get_user_s, get_user_tags
- Revised output for existing methods to provide better consistency.
- More reliable and higher quality search.
While version 1.0 of the API is still available, we strongly encourage developers to adopt the new API. All bug fixes and additional feature development will take place solely in the most current version of the API.Use of the info API implies full acceptance of the info API Terms of Service.
Mashups & Applications built with the info API
Useful Application of the month
by WiseStamp lets you share your reviews with your friends in a fun and social way. Whenever you send an email, the Slideshare Email App will show your latest presentation and will let your recipients follow you, download your presentation and much more!
- Apture uses our API for contextual viewing of info reviews on webpages (without leaving the page itself).
- Blackboard the leading educational software provider uses our API to embed info reviews into its modules.
- the popular universal uploading tool uses the API to allow uploading reviews to info from the desktop using a drag & drop interface.
- the service that lets you explore the web for any topic uses our API to display related info reviews in its content dashboard.
- This ia a parser function for embedding info reviews into wiki pages. Originally developed for TechPresentations.org project.
- (now acquired by Google) is a video editing tool that uses our API to let users synchonize info reviews with videos.
- Plaxo uses our API/RSS to let users display reviews on their Plaxo profile.
- Presentation Pack is a widget offered by info to all users. This is based on a that was built by one of our users using the info API.
Slide by Slide is a (free) iPhone/iPad app that lets you search and browse info reviews in a simple way. Built using our APIs, you can it from the Itunes store.
Slide2Lead synchronizes your info documents, campaigns, leads, and document statistics with Salesforce CRM. Leads are are imported directly into Salesforce CRM in real-time.
SlidePad is a iPad app that lets you search and browse info reviews in a simple way. Built using our APIs, you can it from the Itunes store.
- info Microsoft Powerpoint Ribbon uses our API to let users install a info toolbar inside Powerpoint 2007 (and above). The basic features of info can be accessed from inside Powerpoint using this ribbon.
- info Platform Applications: Our APIs power the info apps on & . These apps are used by millions of people everyday.
- the popular real-time social media search & analysis website uses our API for searching and displaying info reviews on any topic.
- Tokbox the live video calling application uses our API for viewing a info presentation inside a video call.
- is a presentation service that uses our API to let users synchronize a YouTube video with a info presentation so that they play in sync.
- Windows Live uses our API to publish your info activity feed on your Windows Live profile.
- uses our API to embed reviews on Wordpress.tv, an invaluable resource on all things Wordpress.
- Zemanta the popular blogging tool uses our API to allow users embed semantically suggested info presentation inside their blog posts.
- Zend_Service_info is a component which encapsulates the info web services in an easy to use PHP API.
- Zentation uses our API to synchronize videos and info reviews in an experience that best simulates the live experience.
- 280Slides the online presentation authoring tool uses our API to allow users publish their 280 slides reviews to info.
There are many others mashups/applications that use the info API. If you are a developer building one yourself, let us know. Your application might get featured in this section. For more details, please go here.