21 January 2013
All info API end points will require https
We already supported SSL for all API endpoints, but to increase security for both our community users and developers we are making it mandatory to move to HTTPS endpoint for all the API calls. Any app that connects to info should make this change as soon as possible. We will disable http API support by the end of this year.
How do I start?
- Apply for an API key. This will be sent to you by e-mail instantly.
- Read the API documentation for complete information about the API calls available.
- See the resources section for useful links and implementation basics.
- Join the to keep in touch with the info developer community.
- featured on info about your cool application you built using info API and get your app
Also, Check out our RSS feeds! They contain a lot of rich data (including slideshow embed codes and thumbnails) that can be useful in creating your mashup.